Thursday, January 27, 2011

Foyer Makeover - Ray Hartl - Black and White Photography

Bad decorating happens to the best of us. When we first moved into our house I thought my foyer looked fabulous. WRONG! I think a few of my decorating friends should have intervened - I am not going to name names! Emily, Kerri and Maureen! The time had finally come to give the foyer a small makeover. I say small because now I want to paint but that is a whole different story.

Last year I purchased one Ray Hartl black and white photo at the Atlanta Dogwood Festival. I got home and realized one photo was not going to be enough - I quickly jumped online and ordered two more. I procrastinated about having them framed for months; I finally broke down three weeks ago and took them to a frame shop. Last Sunday I got the call - the photos were ready to be picked up.

It took a few days to get them hung but I couldn't be happier with the results. A big thank you to my husband for hanging these photos not once but twice (due to spacing issues) with minimum use of profanity.




The Foyer Before - Don't Judge!
 



The Transformation Begins!
  

Everyone helped.
 

The Final Results!
 


Details!
 

Details!
 

Next Year's Purchase!
 





4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! I cannpt tell you how much that transformed the foyer. They look amazing!! I love the picture of trailer park Marlene off to the left on the bench...hahaha! J did an awesome job hanging them too. Love the new prints as well!!!

And as far as me not telling you about the iron hangings...all I have to say is...you ok'ed a purple accent wall. Purple accent wall. Let's move past this.

Karen said...

They couldn't be more perfect for your home.

BTW, l-o-v-e your ceiling, fabulous! (Oh, and your blog title too!)

paula said...

wow. how beautiful!

Melissa said...

Your house is gorgeous as always! Love the new prints and can't wait to see them in person next time I'm up in the neighborhood!